Puff Pastry Rhubarb Turnovers
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 1/2 cups of rhubarb, chopped into 1/4″ pieces
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (Parchment paper isn’t required, but helps the pastry not to stick to the pan and requires less cleanup!).
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 4 squares, placing onto parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Then, add the rhubarb and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and 2 tsp water.
- Scoop the filling onto the squares, leaving room to fold over into a triangle. Brush the borders with the egg wash, and then fold into triangle. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal, and then brush the tops of the turnovers with more egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
|Rhubarb Curd & Rhubarb Puree|
|Rhubarb Cheesecake!!! EEEEK!|